Gone

All this time, I thought I was protecting you. 

Shielding you from the world.

Making sure you had everything you needed.

Then spoiling you with thing you didn’t really need. 


But now that it’s all gone, I see I was suppressing you

Shielding you from the world.

Making sure you had everything you didn’t ask for. 

Then spoiling you with things that just made you feel uncomfortable.


I tried to give you everything 

But I never stopped to listen to what that really meant. 

I couldn’t give you anything

Because the one thing you wanted was what I couldn’t spend.


You wanted nothing else.

That’s all.

You never wanted everything. 

You just wanted nothing else, forever. 


I’m sorry for giving you so much you didn’t want

I’m sorry for wanting to give you everything. 

All I can say is that I’m sorry.

I’m sorry, and nothing else. 

Comments

Popular Posts